Are you familiar with laser dentistry? If this advanced dental care technique is new to you, it’s the perfect time to discover its many benefits. Laser dentistry offers minimally invasive solutions for a range of oral issues, including gum surgery and cavity treatment. Speak with one of our experienced dentists to explore your laser surgery options today.
Conditions Treated with Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry primarily addresses gum-related issues, which include:
- Pain management for canker sores and cold sores.
- Treatment for root canal infections.
- Management of gum disease.
- Reduction of gum inflammation.
- Gum reshaping procedures.
- Conducting biopsies.
- Exposing wisdom teeth for removal.
- Removing throat tissue causing sleep apnea.
- Regenerating damaged nerves.
- Removal of benign oral tumors.
Advantages of Laser Dentistry
Dentists often opt for laser dentistry due to its various advantages, resulting in smoother procedures, reduced patient discomfort, and shorter healing periods.
- Reduced need for sutures after surgery.
- Diminished requirement for anesthesia.
- Laser sterilization of gums lowers the risk of infection.
- Minimized gum damage leads to faster healing.
- Decreased blood loss compared to traditional surgery methods.